Seeing RED

23:33:00



Yvonne HOO and I attended Taylor Swift's Concert last Monday, and this was us taken while queueing up for a subway sandwich. This girl has been obsessed with female singers with a hand on an acoustic guitar ever since she went for Penny Tai's concert at Esplanade. It was fortunate for us that Taylor Swift added another show at the last minute and we managed to secure these tickets that went sold out within minutes previously this time round with the help of an old friend! Our seats were like super awesome for the price we paid =D


Here we are, at THE RED TOUR!



There were free Cornetto ice-cream going about and Yvonne had one while she was waiting for me. Anyway, she told me that she seriously thinks that a cute guy in red shirt (as if there is no one else wearing RED shirts to attend the RED tour) wanted to approach her before the abovementioned old friend materialised to pass the tickets to her lol. I think she is a bit 自作多情 but nevermind, I promised to announce it here. So if you are the "red guy" who smiled at Yvonne, please know that Yvonne and I had been looking for you throughout the entire time we were at the stadium and step forward okay? lol


That's me still hungry even after gombling up my Subway sandwich
Besides I can't wait to get in yet Yvonne was eating super slowly!


Going up, up, up!

But not without about half an hour of queueing before we got our bags and tickets checked. This reminded me of a weird Korean-looking guy with American accent with quiet lady beside him queueing in front of us. We had been waiting and moving forward slowly about 20 minutes until we reached a point where we were supposed to U-turn but it became a cross-junction instead. Anyway, the queue was messed up and we don't know which part of the queue we were so this guy and the lady (after being as confused for a few seconds) decided cut into the queue by U-turning regardless. And we followed him.

Things were going smoothly until the guy suddenly started blabbering non-stop. Apparently a family did the same thing he did and cut in front of him, and that supposedly angered him. He tried to confront the father in a I-am-superior-so-I-don't-have-to-be-nice-to-you way and the latter chose to ignore him. So he nudged in front of a little girl and shouted unkind words. You know he deliberately separated the family because he will stare at the little girl who was then standing with us, from time to time. The lady beside him seemed embarrassed by his outburst.

Yes, the family was wrong to cut his queue but we did the exact same thing! Plus, he saw a pair of friends who were in the same supposed-to-u-turn-but-end-up-nowhere queue, and he allowed his friends to come in. Worse, they started taunting that family! Super unreasonable. Fortunately we reached the entrance and parted ways soon enough. Anyway, the main point of this story is that Yvonne commented "her (Taylor Swift's) fans all weird weird one", which I thought was quite funny. Sorry lah, I have to relate what happened in entirety so you guys will understand the reasoning behind this comment. I have already deleted the other examples, like a few (quite disgusting) ladies we encounter in the washroom, so I won't appear too long-winded lol.


Finally, we're in!


And we each took a picture with Taylor Swift!


Awww.. I am so proud to attend Taylor Swift's concert -
She is amazingly talented, young and pretty lah!!


While everyone gets seated..


There, the concert is about to begin!


And Miss Swift appeared behind the red curtain!
P.S. Miss Swift sounds like a superhero. I wish I had a name as cool as that.


Love how her hair makes her look so sweet and chic at the same time
PRETTY YOUNG THING! *whistle*


Very cute hor?


Your eyes are fine, these two are the same picture
I accidentally applied black-and-white effect and I thought it looked emotionally beautiful

And here are a few more photos of this stunning gal:


Did you know she plays piano and banjo too?



"You, with your switching sides
And your wildfire lies and your humiliation
You have pointed out my flaws again
As if I don't already see them
I walk with my head down
Trying to block you out cause I'll never impress you
I just wanna feel okay again

I bet you got pushed around
Somebody made you cold
But the cycle ends right now
Cause you can't lead me down that road
And you don't know, what you don't know

Someday I'll be living in a big ol' city
And all you're ever gonna be is mean
Someday I'll be big enough so you can't hit me
And all you're ever gonna be is mean
Why you gotta be so mean?"

Mean - Taylor Swift
Download chords here

I really wish I am as strong a girl as Taylor Swift was. She had started composing at 12 and the main reason for her writing songs was that she did not fit in in school. Although her talent clearly played a huge part, the main point was what was I doing at 12? Or over the 12 years when I turn from 12 to the current 24? What am I doing right now even as I feel that I am not fitting in? Thus I look up to her. She is someone who dares to dream and works hard to be where she is now. I may never be able to accomplish what she did, but she is, and always will be my motivation to strive and stand up for myself =D

She was able to convey all these and inspire me (and I believe many other lost souls) with a song. Even if she is not one of the strongest singers, she is incredible to me. She has a power that makes you think that anything is possible so don't ever be afraid to dream!

video

A video treat for you guys of Taylor Swift making her way to the middle stage. HOORAY for all of us at the rear!


That's where she did some of her classics like Teardrops On My Guitar


I thought it really nice to include an acoustic segment in the concert. This totally showcased her ability to touch someone with just her guitar and her barest voice.



Frankly, there are times you don't get what she is singing until she gets to the chorus. But I could clearly remember how I followed her every word in the acoustic version of this song and it really made me want to cry. Everytime she sings "you belong to me...", my heart aches for her, something that did not happen before, even as I went return home and plugged it in immediately. That's the power of her guitar and voice. That's is the difference between spinning the CD and listening to Taylor Swift live.

"Oh, I remember you driving to my house
In the middle of the night
I'm the one who makes you laugh
When you know you're 'bout to cry
I know your favorite songs
And you tell me about your dreams
Think I know where you belong
Think I know it's with me

Can't you see that I'm the one
Who understands you?
Been here all along
So, why can't you see you belong with me?

Standing by and waiting at your backdoor
All this time how could you not know, baby?
You belong with me
You belong with me"

You Belong With Me - Taylor Swift
Download chords here



One of the biggest hits currently, I Knew You Were Trouble
Love the song from top to toe, even before I knew it was Taylor Swift!

"Once upon a time a few mistakes ago
I was in your sights, you got me alone
You found me, you found me, you found me
I guess you didn't care, and I guess I liked that
And when I fell hard you took a step back
Without me, without me, without me

And he's long gone when he's next to me
And I realize the blame is on me

Cause I knew you were trouble when you walked in
So shame on me now
Flew me to places I'd never been
Till you put me down, oh
I knew you were trouble when you walked in
So shame on me now
Flew me to places I'd never been
Now I'm lying on the cold hard ground
Oh, oh, trouble, trouble, trouble
Oh, oh, trouble, trouble, trouble"

I Knew You Were Trouble - Taylor Swift
Download chords here


We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, before she said good-bye

Overall, I will never forget this night. I adore how she enjoys herself on stage and how infectious her joy and energy was. I admire her for her love for music, love for translating her life into the music she composes, and I admire how dedicated, how committed, how fearless and how REAL she is. Her performance, was flawless and I look forward to seeing her soar greater heights as she grows with time and experiences life as is.

Thank you, Ms Swift for this night to remember and a dream reignited,
Yvette

You Might Also Like

0 comments

@yveyanxi

Latest Video @yveyanxi

Ads & Sponsors