Tatsu Asia Square

12:05:00

There is absolutely no way I can not get fat.

My department just celebrated my director's birthday at Tatsu late last month, then it was time for me to feast in Korea early October and later today, my department is having a buffet lunch at Edge Pan Pacific Hotel to celebrate Hui Mee and my new colleague's birthdays. Unfortunately, I am not one of those lucky people who are blessed with a superb digestive system that allows them the slimmest bodies even with mega huge appetites. Even more unfortunate will be the fact that I probably was a pig in my previous life because I just cannot stop eating and deny all the good food in this world! So tell me, is there no way I can remain slim? T.T

Okay, that is my problem to solve. What you should know in this post is that I have found a super duper awesome Japanese restaurant in the vicinity of Marina Bay, and this title goes to Tatsu Sushi & Teppanyaki! In fact, our initial plan was to visit Level33 again but we only realised that we forgot to make a reservation on the day before so we hurriedly looked for alternatives. That brought us to Tatsu, the restaurant we didn't know existed even though we frequent the food court at Asia Square very often. We seemed to have uncovered a new land - this small section of shops on the second floor directly accessible via the escalator in front of Artisan Boulangerie Co. And I am mega glad we did (or didn't) because I think I just had the best cod fish teriyaki ever right here.

HM and I ordered the unagi/tempura set and sushi/tara set respectively. Each set ($28) consists of salad, chawanmushi, miso soup and dessert, just that HM will receive unagi don and tempura while I get a plate of assorted sushi and the super super tasty cod fish teriyaki.


Love the katsuobushi (dried bonito flakes) that adds a savoury edge to the salad.
I finished the entire bowl!


The chawanmushi was very smooth and exquisite!
Plus, did you see the fish roe on top of the mushroom?



This is HM's unagi/tempura set. I am a sucker for unagi and I totally regretted not ordering this set (until my cod fish came lolol) because the unagi looks so heavenly! The tempura was also fried just right, so the skin was thin and the dish doesn't taste oily at all. Even the pickles were so good that HM ate everything.



And here is my sushi set! They thoroughly justified the pricing with food quality. The tamago was sweet and juicy, and the sushi were very fresh and succulent. They taste so good that I don't need or even want to add wasabi or dip them in the soy sauce. I especially love the grilled salmon sushi which was so well-prepared, it was perfect ✩✩✩✩✩

Are you ready for my cod fish teriyaki?



Ta-dah! Oh my goodness, I am literally salivating right now. Words like "luscious", "savoury" and "delicious" cannot fully describe how divine this cod fish was. The meat was so smooth and it was crazy how the amount of teriyaki sauce was just right to bring out the optimal flavour. A little more would have made it overpowering, and a little less the fish would not have been so rich, well-cooked and out of this world.



Cute little refreshing dessert. None of us were sure what it is but its texture is thicker than pudding and is pink guava-flavoured.

Tatsu Asia Square
12 Marina View
#02-16 Asia Square Tower 2
Singapore 018961
Tel: 6844 9855

Lunch: 11.30am - 2.30pm
Dinner: 6pm - 10pm
Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays

Average bill per pax was about $33 and I love the restaurant and its food to the max. Serving time was surprisingly fast. Drinks were served immediately after we had placed our orders, the salads soon after, our set meals arrived even before we could finish the appetiser and we were out of the restaurant in less than an hour even though we tried to drag the time as much as possible lol. The waiting staff were also quite friendly and cracks jokes from time to time, making the dining experience very enjoyable. However, portion size might be a little small so there is a high possibility one will get hungry again by tea time but frankly, if I am starving on that day, I would not even mind getting two $28 set lunches (perhaps ones with sashimi) because the food is THAT good!

Would I return? You don't even need to ask,
Yvette

You Might Also Like

0 comments

@yveyanxi

Latest Video @yveyanxi

Ads & Sponsors