Wangbijib Seoul

20:35:00

If you didn't have BBQ meat in Korea, you haven't truly visited the country. It is a must-have (certainly you have seen them in dramas and movies countless times) and if you need a suggestion as to which one to go, I'd say the best I have had was at the Black Pork Street in Jeju lol. But since we are not all going to Jeju, the next best voted by both bf and me, not to mention also highly recommended by various bloggers and travel guides, is Wangbijib.



There are a couple of Wangbijib branches within Myeong-dong. I could still recall that on my previous trip, we had planned to have our first dinner at Wangbijib but we just couldn't find it at the location indicated in our itinerary. We gave up, dejectedly continued window-shopping around the area, and entered a random restaurant nearer to Hoehyeon when we were hungry and tired of walking. It was a coincidentally a BBQ restaurant and the food was really good! And guess what, we only realise the restaurant we went eventually was a Wangbijib too when we were back in Singapore and going through the pictures we took. So we did have Wangbijib at the end of the day lol.


List of branches they have in Seoul (in Chinese)

By the way, the above coupon was cut out from the monthly travel magazine I took when I arrived at Incheon International Airport. It is free, available in a few different languages, and is available at the information counters and also in convenience stores. Do grab a copy if you happen to see them. The maps, recommendations as well as various discount coupons will come in handy.

The most convenient Wangbijib is probably the one situated at Exit #9 of Myeongdong Station, Subway Line 4. Just go straight 50m from Exit #9 and turn right at the first corner. Continue straight for about 70m and turn left. Wangbijib 왕비집 is located on the second floor, just 10m ahead on the left side of the street. However, I should add that you shouldn't be too concerned if you can't locate this particular branch. There are tourist police officers all over Myeong-dong so just approach one of them and they will point you to the nearest branch. Well, that's precisely what bf and I did because we ain't that good with directions after all..


I am sorry but I have no idea which branch this one is


Menu for you to browse through first before heading up to the second floor


Phil Chang (Zhang Yu) was here before too!


It was slightly past lunch time so we were seated fairly quickly


Bf thinking he was one of the minions about to be abducted by an UFO

Forget him, check out the banchan (side dishes):

<

The banchan were so appetising that we cleaned up most of them even before the meat arrived lol. And I absolutely cannot forgive bf for denying me the seafood pancake that I know for sure is crazily good because he was afraid there is just too much food. Yet he ended up ordering a bowl of sticky rice (KRW 1,000). How can like that? Anyway for your own sake, please try the seafood pancake. I tried it 2 years ago. It was out-of-the-world, the best I have ever had and the reason why I started ordering pancakes in every single Korean restaurant I visit from then. Don't give it up for any reasons!

Oh yeah, the staff at Wangbijib are well-versed in English, Mandarin, Japanese and probably a whole lot of other languages so you don't have to worry about communication barriers when it comes to ordering or even asking them for recommendations. You won't want to talk behind their backs or in front of them either, since they understand what you say lolol.


The meat is here!


Friendly staff helping us to bbq the meat without us asking. I guess they will volunteer their assistance according to how pro/noob you look.


Charcoal-Grilled Pork Belly | KRW 12,000




Don't ask me what else I ordered because I thought I ordered another portion of grilled pork but somehow a small portion of beef turned up at my table and I didn't knew it was beef (it was very good actually =p). I only remembered the staff coming by to ask us if we mind frozen meat as they do not have any more fresh meat, which we didn't.

Also, I thought it was downright pity that bf can't take liquor because you must have soju with pork belly just like how pancake goes with makgeolli and fried chicken goes with beer to form "chimake"! Besides, I am not such a good drinker that I can down a whole bottle on my own, so that was real sad for me T.T

Wangbijib 왕비집 (王妃家)
26, Myeongdong 8ga-gil
Jung-gu, Seoul, Korea
Reservations: +82 2-3789-1945

Opening Hours: 11am to 11pm
Visit their website here

Find out more about my Korea itinerary here,
Yvette

You Might Also Like

0 comments

@yveyanxi

Latest Video @yveyanxi

Ads & Sponsors