Sample Store April 2015: Something for the Entire Family

12:59:00

I have been taking Korean lessons for quite some time, but only just recently have I start watching one of the reality shows that my teacher had insisted on us watching for the longest time, 슈퍼맨이 돌아왔다 The Return of Superman. I wasn't very enthusiastic about it at first so I procrastinated until one fine day she told the entire class to catch an episode as homework so we can cast votes for the cutest baby in the show. Watching show as homework, good or not?!

So the obedient student I am downloaded the latest episode as instructed and there was I addicted. It wasn't just because it was extremely funny to look at the things clueless dads and naughty children do, but also for the special moments they share and sometimes, when you least expected it, these children will do or say words that are so touching and make so much sense. I was so in love with it that I went right back to episode 1 of the entire series and learnt something very important from Lee Haru, aged 3.



"가족은 정말 예쁜거야 Family is a really beautiful thing
가족은 예쁜 사람이야 Family are beautiful people
그래서 예쁜 사람이라서 가족을 좋아해 That's why I like family"

If I hadn't known better, I would have thought this girl was reciting some script for a certain drama. What she said really touched me and probably also because of the fact that I have officially became an aunt just a few days ago, I wanted so much to share all that I have with my family. And so, I did my usual Sample Store checkout with an item for each person in the family in my cart. This isn't exactly a grand start but it doesn't have to be expensive gifts to let them know that you care either. Small, continuous efforts make a big difference. So these are the items I got from Sample Store:


BRTC Power Defence Smart Emulsion + Sun Protection Bb Cream
Emulsion: 120ml / $28
BB Cream: 40ml / $28

"BRTC Power Homme System is specialized product line for men’s skin pampering the skin exhausted by drinking and smoking containing various patented ingredients and functional resources including Tannin Pore Complex, Blue Phyto Complex, Adenosine, Arbutin for thick skin and large pores."

#howyveseesit: My dad smokes, so I basically decided this to be my gift for him when I saw "skin exhausted by smoking" though I doubt he will ever use skincare. I passed some to my brother-in-law, and I was told it is quite effective in controlling sebum and moisturing the skin.


TDF Age Defense Eye Radiance
15ml / $74

"Fight the first signs of ageing in the delicate eye area and reveal visibly youthful-looking eyes with this intensive eye treatment formulated to prevent dark circles, puffiness, wrinkles, sagginess and dryness. It invigorates weary-looking eyes and impedes slackening skin with a nourishing blend of natural botanical and marine extracts, antioxidants, amino acids and moisture-binding ingredients."

#howyveseesit: My mum is particularly concerned with the wrinkles around the eyes so this was perfect for her. I tried a bit. I was easy to apply and I thought it did lighten my dark circles slightly upon my first use. My eyes feels less tired than before.


NATURA BISSÉ Oxygen Gel
50ml / $169

"Oxygen Gel is perfect for both combination skin, as it combines properties that revitalise and purify, while providing maximum hydration for the skin. Infused with a high concentration of Living Water, vitamins and minerals, Oxygen Gel is a great beauty treatment to purify skin and lighten dark spots."

#howyveseesit: Our skin gets plagued with dark spots as it ages so I got this for mum. The gel was soft and a little too oily for my liking but it melts into the skin easily. I didn't think a few applications can help much in lightening dark spots, but the skin does look more hydrated and energised after two use.


BIO-ESSENCE Deep Exfoliating Gel with Royal Jelly & ATP
60g / $32.90

"It gently and painlessly exfoliates blackheads, white heads and a deep layer of dead skin for better absorption of subsequent skincare products. This brightens dull skin, lightens scars and marks, as well as regulates and balances oil secretion to prevent pimples."

#howyveseesit: This is for the elder sister who is kind of impassive when it comes to skincare. The gel is free of microbeads so it was very gentle, and dead skin (or maybe it was the product itself) came off easily like eraser shavings. Skin felt softer and smoother after use too.


DR JART Dis-a-pore BB
40ml / $44

"DR JART Dis-a-pore BB softly adheres to the skin with its dense coverage and immediately covers blemishes, pores, fine wrinkles perfectly without dryness with its light and thin adhesive property and silky smooth finish. Complex ingredients such as Herbal complex, Argatensyl, Rose Fruit Extract and Nordenau Water helps to control sebum, tighten pores as well as to moisturise and rejuvenate the skin."

#howyveseesit: Similarly for the fuss-free elder sister, DR JART Dis-a-pore BB was so impressive that I need to get them for myself! The skin looks extremely smooth and radiant upon application, and it covers pores and blemishes so well that you can forego the concealer. This BB cream was practically all you need for a flawless face!


SIMPLE Spotless Skin Deep Clean Cleansing Pads
60 pads / $21.90

"Our special blend of cleansing goodness contains zinc PCA, Chamomile and natural antibacterial Phytosphingosine, which helps to deep clean the T Zone which is commonly prone to blackheads and blemishes while the textured pads help to exfoliate the skin. Perfect for even sensitive skin."

#howyveseesit: This will come in handy for the younger sister who needs to avoid contact with water during confinement. The quality of the cleansing pads is good and they are effective in deep-cleaning and exfoliating without being harsh on the skin. I will definitely prefer these cleansing pads to my regular facial cleanser.


OCEAN HEALTH Skin Radiance with Collagen
60 capsules / $73.50

"The breakthrough formula is ideal for providing nourishment at the cellular level and encouraging healthy skin renewal for all skin types. Packed with a proprietary blend of powerful antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients (calaguala and green tea), this formula is also enhanced with hydrolysed collagen to boost, skin's youthful radiance, tone and firmness."

#howyveseesit: New moms need beauty boosters such as collagen to create healthy skin cells, and this gift will help my younger sister to boost her skin immunity against environmental stressors, promote skin whitening and increase skin elasticity. I have one for myself too, and after a month's use I feel that my skin is more radiant and pores less visible.


TOTS N TOYS Baby Romper
$15.90

"At Tots N Toys, we understand your priorities, needs and concerns, and are committed to providing a safe and high-quality early childhood and child care that supports and nurture the social and intellectual development of every child in our care."

#howyveseesit: Tots N Toys is actually a child care rather than a baby clothes manufacturer, but I thought it was a great idea to distribute quality baby rompers to new moms, and of course a suitable gift for my baby niece! I just wished the design was more fun.

------------------------------------------------------------

So you see, finding meaningful and affordable gifts for everyone in the family is not as difficult as we all think it is. You'll be surprised to see how appreciative they are of your small gestures. Stay tuned for my next review and remember to check out Sample Store's website here regularly to see what goodies you can find for your loved ones too!

By the way, my favourite baby is Sarang ^.^
Yvette

**Product description adapted from https://www.samplestore.com/**

You Might Also Like

0 comments

@yveyanxi

Latest Video @yveyanxi

Ads & Sponsors