Din Tai Fung Marina Bay Link Mall - 2nd Review

16:08:00

Had a date with Shuxian and Annie again some time back (remember the time we went to Absolute Thai?) and HM joined us for lunch too as she was craving for the red hot Oriental Wantons with Black Vinegar & Chilli Oil 红油抄手 and we were intending to visit Din Tai Fung 鼎泰豐. I know how boring this sounds but you know, we are seriously low on nice lunch places around Marina Bay Financial Centre. Even Sheryl, who was in the vicinity few weeks ago, remarked how lacking this place is. Only people who eat salad everyday, can thrive in this area of Singapore.

On the other hand, the way HM described the dish, how thrilling, how she can have the entire bowl to herself just made me want to giving these scary-looking wantons a try immediately despite how crazily spicy I have heard it to be, so let's see if what she said is true! Here's what we have had:


Steamed Pork Dumplings 小笼包 | $9.80 for 10 pcs

As usual, the must-order dish when you visit Din Tai Fung although frankly, I think it wasn't as nice as when I first had it in another outlet. Perhaps it is because they are manufacturing them in larger quantities now, it became difficult to maintain the standard. The skin of the dumpling is not as thin anymore, the essence doesn't "burst" out, and they look saggy =(


Fried Rice with Pork Chop 排骨蛋饭 | $10.80

HM and I ordered this to share because from previous experience, one plate is simply too much rice and too much eggs for a person. The fried rice was good even on its own even though it is very simple, with just eggs and spring onions, and the pork chop was tender and savoury as usual.


Crispy Golden Prawn Pancake 酥脆腐皮虾饼 | $9.30

The prawn pancake at Din Tai Fung was soft, juicy and not too rich or meaty. It was enjoyable overall but I will prefer if they were in bigger pieces and not so thinly sliced, and were fried a little more so the skin is crispy and less ngoh hiang-like.


Stir-fried Hong Kong Kailan with Special Sauce 三味芥兰 | $11.80

I personally think this was the worst plate of vegetables I have ever had in Din Tai Fung. I like the "special sauce" and also the fried garlic sprinkled on top, but the kailan itself smelled like pesticide and tasted really weird. I never thought kailan will go wrong, and I will not order this dish again.


Oriental Wantons with Black Vinegar & Chilli Oil 红油抄手 | $7.80

So this is the highly-raved red hot spicy oriental wantons! It doesn't look red and fiery in this picture as we have yet to toss the wantons in the sauce but still, it wasn't as spicy as I have thought lol. However, HM was right that one can have the entire bowl of these flavourful and tasty wantons to his or herself. It was simply exquisite!


Noodle with Minced Pork in Bean Sauce 炸酱面 | $8.50


Noodle Soup with Shrimp & Pork Wantons 虾肉馄饨面 | $9.80

Annie and Shuxian ordered a bowl of noodles each respectively. I didn't get to try them so I have got no reviews to share but they sure smelled and looked delectable. Both of them said their noodles were acceptable and I have to agree because nothing beats Korea's 炸酱面 =x

Din Tai Fung Marina Bay Link Mall
8A Marina Boulevard
#B2-05 Marina Bay Link Mall
Singapore 018984
Tel: 6634 7877

The total bill was $84.80, inclusive of Chinese Tea chargeable at $1 per pax as well as 10% service charge and 7% GST. Din Tai Fung definitely has its hits and misses this time round but just by looking at the pictures, I am absolutely certain I will close an eye on the hazardous kailan, and return just for their Fried Rice with Pork Chop 排骨蛋饭 and Oriental Wantons with Black Vinegar & Chilli Oil 红油抄手 - my two favourite DTF dishes currently (just in case their standards drop as well).

排骨蛋饭 and 红油抄手 fan,
Yvette

P.S. read my first review on Din Tai Fung Marina Bay Link Mall here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

@yveyanxi

Latest Video @yveyanxi

Ads & Sponsors