Sample Store May 2015: Perfect for Travel

16:05:00

At this time next week, I will be in Taipei and shopping my heart out at Wufenpu!

Super excited but while I am still here, I shall continue working hard in clearing my backlogs so that I will not be overwhelmed with a whole lot of drafts pending in my blogger when I return, and I will get to dive right into sharing my Taiwan 5-day experience immediately.

So coming right up will be my reviews on the following samples I have gotten from Sample Store earlier this month. Come to think of it, Sample Store is not just a platform for us to compare products and try them in sample sizes before getting the real thing in stores, but also a great source to get the travel essentials we need in convenient sizes. That makes me wonder why I hadn't thought of keeping them for this upcoming trip in the first place -.-


BIODERMA Sebium AI
$35.90

"Stemming from the latest dermatological advances, Sébium AI promotes the elimination of spots and blackheads by a multi-targeted action. Zinc gluconate helps curb the proliferation of acnes, the micro-organism mainly responsible for the inflammation that causes the spots. It also regulates sebum secretion and reduces shine. Soothing active ingredients help calm redness."

#howyveseesit: I like how make-up can be applied on top without flaking, and how effective it is in regulating sebum secretion throughout the day that I didn't have to worry about shine as much as I do usually. Skin feels hydrated without looking oily.


BIODERMA Hydrabio Serum
$49.90

"Hydrabio Sérum is the first moisture-generating concentrate with Aquagenium®, a patented biological complex that stimulates the skin’s cellular capabilities, retraining it to generate in depth, and to lock in on the surface the moisture essential for its balance. The patented natural D.A.F. complex raises the skin’s tolerance threshold. Intensely hydrated, the skin recovers comfort, suppleness and radiance."

#howyveseesit: Bioderma's Hydrabio Serum actually acts as an excellent make-up base as it hydrates the skin instantly and durably, which makes application of make-up a breeze. Furthermore, it is hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic. Perfect for people like me, with sensitive and dehyrated skin.


BIODERMA Sensibio Eye
$32.90

"Decongesting agents help to reduce puffiness while smoothing active ingredients erase wrinkles and moisturising agents ensure the skin feels more comfortable. Formulated with rigorously selected active ingredients, fragrance-free, Sensibio Eye contour gel guarantees optimum tolerance. The skin is more resistant and thus better protected against external elements."

#howyveseesit: First of all, I thought Bioderma was extremely generous to provide five sachets, each containing more than two days worth of supply. Upon a few applications, under-eye area feels less puffy and more hydrated. I just wish the cream was softer and that it will help to lighten dark circles too.


NEOGENCE C+ Revital Whitening Serum
30ml / $55, available at Sasa

"Neogence C+ Revital Whitening Serum uses pharmaceutical whitening agent, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate. It is easy to absorb by skin without irritation. Suitable for day and night. Skin brightens in three days, spots reduce after 14 days of continuous use."

#howyveseesit: Each redemption is a 7ml bottle of the whitening serum. I love the mild pomelo fragrance and thought it was gentle and quite effective in hydrating the skin. I didn't notice any visible whitening results, but I do feel that my skin does looks more radiant and energetic without make-up.


GOWOONSESANG Brightening Balm SPF 30 Pa++
45ml / $39.90, available at Sasa

"Gowoonsesang B.B. cream serves as whitening essence, makeup base of controlling sebum and foundation of light after-usage-feeling. As it contains the ingredients that protects the skin from UV light and various botanical elements, it is highly effective in whitening, hydrating and soothing the skin."

#howyveseesit: In terms of coverage, I still think that the DR JART Dis-a-pore BB I have tried last month (see review here) wins hands down, although the skincare benefits of Gowoonsesang BB might be better since the latter is afterall one of the best cosmeceutical brand in Korea. But I will still opt for better coverage though lol.


ASIENCE Inner Rich Shampoo & Conditioner
480ml / $14.90

"This new shampoo tranforms hair with the power of beauty serum which contains an infusion of Argan Oil, Camelia oil, rose essence, pomegranate extract, lemongrass essense and white pearl essence, and allows you to get back youthful-looking hair with softness, shine and smoothness."

#howyveseesit: I have always liked Asience for their impressive products that are priced lower, yet as effective as the other more up-scaled brands. The Inner Rich series not only smell great, it made my hair super soft, smooth and look much healthier than it was before.


DARLIE All Shiny White Multi-Care Toothpaste
140g / $3.45

"A multi-care formulation combine with SWA whitening particles, this new toothpaste contains whitening plus 7 benefits for to take care of all your dental problems, including plaque removal, enamel strengthening, gum care, cavities prevention, deep clean, teeth strengthening and breath freshening."

#howyveseesit: Another sample that is perfect for travel! I have been using Darlie for as long as I can remember, and I am in love with their various new toothpastes. Although I have no way to vouch for their supposed whitening properties, I like the strong taste of fresh mint and fluoride which give me the assurance of fresh breathe and well-protected teeth.


CLIV Ginseng Berry Ampoule & Eye Cream
Ampoule: 50ml / $75
Eye Cream: 30ml / $75
Cream: 50ml / $65

"Ginseng berry premium system contains the fermented ginseng berry dubbed as the 21st century elixir and pure plant based material to tighten and purify the dull skin by enhancing its elasticity and complexion, and the Ginseng berry ampoule & eye cream helps to restore the elasticity and skin energy, as well as provide moisture boost and nutrition to brighten the eyes."

#howyveseesit: The ampoule was a little oily for my liking and I was also quite disappointed to find the satchet that is meant to contain the cream empty. Thankfully, the eye cream which was rather efficacious in hydrating and firming the eye area as well as reinvigorating the eyes made it up.

------------------------------------------------------------

This is my third post on the samples I have checked out from Sample Store twice each month, and I have just received another two parcels of the items I am interested in reviewing for the month of June a few days ago. Unlike my previous experience with Bellabox (read here), I am rather enjoying everything from the choosing of samples to receiving and eventually reviewing them since I get to choose what I want, which means there is less wastage as well, and I am only paying just a quarter (when I do a normal and a free check-out) or half (when I do two normal check-outs) the price of a monthly subscription with the latter.

Unsure of the differences between a normal and a free checkout? I will elaborate next month when I am back from my super fabulicious trip hehe ^.^

All ready to conquer Taipei,
Yvette

**Product description adapted from https://www.samplestore.com/**

You Might Also Like

0 comments

@yveyanxi

Latest Video @yveyanxi

Ads & Sponsors