Saving time for what is important with Lim & Lim Services

15:01:00

A professor stood before his philosophy class and wordlessly, he picked up a large and empty mayonnaise jar and filled it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full and they agreed that it was. The professor continued by pouring a box of pebbles into the jar, shaking the jar lightly for the pebbles to go through the gaps between the golf balls. Again he asked the students if the jar was full and they agreed it was. The professor then emptied a box of sand into the jar. Once again, he asked if the jar was full and the students responded with a unanimous “yes”.

“Now,” said the professor, “I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The golf balls are the important things – family, children, health, friends. Things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full. The pebbles are the things that matter, like your job, house and car, and the sand is everything else — the small stuff. If you put the sand into the jar first, there will not be room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you”.

“So pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Spend time with your family. Play with your children. Take your partner out to dinner. Have fun with your good friends. There will always be time to clean the house and fix the dripping tap. Take care of the golf balls first — the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.”


--------------------------------------------------

I am sure this story is not new to most of us.

To me, the story is still as thought-provoking as when I read it for the first time. Time is often what we want and need the most but unfortunately also what we use worst, frequently spending excessive time on the "pebbles" and "sand", and neglecting the "golf balls". All of us only have 24 hours in a day - 8 hours in bed, 8 hours at work and only just another 8 to do what we want, to spend with people we love, to simply relax and take a well-deserved break from the hectic lifestyle we lead. Yet this is almost always where we "steal" time from, be it to complete your assignment at work or to run the miscellaneous errands we all have in our to-do list. In other words, we are doing precisely what the professor in the story warned us against - sacrificing what is important to us for the "small stuff". And often only to realise it when it is too late.

With so little time and so much to do, it is not unusual for anyone to need help in getting rid of the "small stuff" and any other distractions, so that he can focus his full attention on what makes his life fulfilling instead. And this is where Lim & Lim Services comes in.



Time management is never about how much time we have but how we manage what we have, and that is why we should focus on being productive instead of being busy. To illustrate my point, let's look at the 9 most common regrets people have at the end of life:

#1. I wish I had been more loving to the people who matter the most
#2. I wish I had been a better spouse, parent or child
#3. I wish I had not spent so much time working
#4. I wish I had taken more risks
#5. I wish I had been happier and enjoyed life more
#6. I wish I had lived my own dream
#7. I wish I had taken better care of myself
#8. I wish I’d have done more for others
#9. I wish I had chosen work that was meaningful for me

How many of us can be absolutely sure that we will not have the same regrets at the end of our lives? I certainly won't be very proud if I were to look back in my life when I am breathing my last and discover that all I remembered doing was getting groceries, running errands, rushing here and there all the time, yet accomplishing nothing that is beneficial to my relationships with people I love as well as my development as a person. Of course, we cannot all just forget about working and expect to survive in our society. But would it not make more sense, to outsource these time-consuming activities that may not require my personal attention to a trustworthy personal concierge like Lim & Lim Services so that I can spare up my time and clear up my mind to pursue what is more important to me, which can be my family, my loved ones, my passion, my dream or even my career?


Your devoted servants

At a flat rate of just $30 per errand or per hour, whichever is lower, you can get the devoted servants at Lim & Lim Services to alleviate your busy schedule. Say for instance I am a parent hosting a birthday party for my child this evening but could only get off work slightly later due to unforeseen circumstances. How convenient would it be if someone reliable can help me pick up the cake at the bakery, pick up my child from the school and bring my parents to my house in my stead? And if that still hasn't make up to a full hour, I can probably ask them to help me collect the concert tickets I have recently bought and pick up the laundry which I have just sent to the dry-cleaner in preparation for my special date with my supposed husband. Awwww.. how nice!

It is almost as if I have grown an extra pair of hands, have cloned myself or have befriended some little elves or animal friends like Cinderella, who will always be there when I need help and prepare me for anything coming my way. I know, like a Fairy Godmother! And what Lim & Lim Services can do for us does not end here. They even offer airport transfer and event management services, meaning I don't even need to plan the aforementioned birthday party on my own in the first place. Just leave everything to them, sit back and see how everything works out smoothly without lifting a hand. Well, except to call or email them at 97877855 or limnlimsg@gmail.com of course.



While we are on the subject of airport transfer, I am reminded of how long my family and I waited for the driver to turn up at the airport during our recent trip to Taiwan. Upon arriving, we gave the driver a call. He told us that he is already on his way and would reach very soon, which turned out to be an hour later. Not only did it ruin our mood, it messed up with our schedule since my sister and brother-in-law have an appointment at the bridal boutique, and we missed our lunch because of it. If he had at least been more honest, we could have gotten a taxi instead of wasting an hour waiting. I cannot stress how important it is to plan for a driver who is both punctual and trustworthy, and thus I was really glad to see this comment on Lim & Lim Services' Facebook Page!

"Adrian was already at the airport in advance before our flight touched down at 5.55am. Reliable and fantastic service - very important esp when you are catching a flight or after a long night flight" - Sandy Leong

So, when things in your life seem almost too much to handle, when 24 hours in a day is just not enough, remember the mayonnaise jar and think Lim & Lim Services.

Yvette

You Might Also Like

0 comments

@yveyanxi

Latest Video @yveyanxi

Ads & Sponsors