OTC Cafe & Miam Miam Bugis

22:11:00

As I might have mentioned before, Rhythm & Wave held its 3rd student showcase and Year End Party recently at OTC Cafe. Before we eventually decided on this place, Kim, Rina and I actually went to a couple of cafes and restaurants to recce, for instance Artistry Cafe which turned out to be too small as well as Lowercase at Lasalle which was partially closed for some works and almost nowhere near how hip it used to be. And so, here is documenting what we had at OTC Cafe and the moment we confirmed our decision with the manager to have our event here.


Photo by Janice

OTC Cafe is quite a hidden treasure. Well, not many people do visit the National Library Building and for those who do, they would usually go to the basement where the Central Public Library is or take the lift straight up to level 7, bypassing level 3 totally hence not knowing there is actually a cafe in the same building. In my case, I was working in Esplanade in the past and had to came by to Drama Centre at times, hence discovering this cosy cafe that is the perfect place to have some me-time, a catch-up session with one or two friends, or a quick but enjoyable meal before you hit the theatre or hit the books back in the Reference Library.


Mozzarella Sticks | $7.50

I totally loved the Mozzarella Sticks! It was super crispy, super cheesy and super delicious both on its own and with the sauce. Make sure to eat it hot while the mozzarella cheese is melted and so thick that it wouldn't break! *swallow saliva*

Chicken Lasagne | $8.50

Kim's Chicken Lasagne that looked real cheesy and savoury, and was truly amazing with the generous helping of minced chicken in tomato sauce and melted mozzarella cheese. The portion was a little small for a guy though.


Chilli Crab Pasta | $16.90

This was what I ordered and I do like my choice because the chilli crab does taste great. However, I would like it even better if there was a bit more ingredients and the linguine was less dry so they would not all clump together.

Honey Wings | $8.90

As there happened to be a show and there were many attendees so OTC Cafe kind of ran out of many items on the menu, which was why Rina ended up getting Honey Wings. But this was so yummy, I really would not mind having this as my main too.

OTC Cafe
100 Victoria Street
National Library Building, Level 3
Singapore 188064
Tel: +65 6333 0181

Oh dear, the food looks so appealing to me and is making me so hungry now. I most definitely did not expect myself to fall in love with the Mozzarella Sticks here at OTC Cafe. And when I visited again with Janice to plan our party decorations, I fell for the Cookies & Cream Milkshake too. I am so glad we found the perfect place for our party and for good food! If I were a student, I am going to hang out here every afternoon.

After discussing our party plans with the manager, I started craving for cakes and for some reason I allowed Kim and Rina to convince me to not just have the Oreo Cheesecake at OTC Cafe and to head over to Bugis Junction for desserts instead. That was the worst because not only were we not able to find cakes that at least look appetising, I realised what treasure I missed when I tried the same Oreo Cheesecake catered at the event later zzzzz. Yup, so I didn't get any cakes in the end and we just went to Miam Miam for something sweet.


Kim's Hot Fruit Tea ($6.90) which was mega sour..

Miam Miam is a casual cafe-restaurant serving French cuisines with a dash of Japanese influence, as can be seen in the traditional home-brewed sweet fruit tea, the availability of matcha and azuki desserts, and the Japanese-style spaghetti on their menu. Not relevant, but I still remember Miam Miam was the place I had my first meal with Sheryl after our Korean class and where she invited me to be one of her bridesmaids!


French Toast | $10.80

The all-time classic French dessert. The French Toast here is so popular that you cannot claim to have visited Miam Miam before if you did not try it. Served warm, topped with freshly-made whipped cream that is soft and light, and drizzled with sweet-smelling maple syrup, the French Toast was absolutely heavenly.


Creme Brulee with Vanilla Softee | $8.80

I initially had doubts when Kim wanted to order this. I once liked Creme Brulee, but I have tasted so many bad ones and some even to the point of being disgusting, that I developed a phobia and told myself never again. Surprisingly, this one was good. The custard was smooth and creamy but not too creamy that it tasted like milk, and the caramelised top was hard but not so much that it tasted burnt (yes, these happened). Not bad!

Miam Miam Bugis Junction
200 Victoria Street
#02-14 Bugis Junction
Singapore 188021
Tel: +65 6837 0301

Here comes the party,
Yvette

You Might Also Like

0 comments

@yveyanxi

Latest Video @yveyanxi

Ads & Sponsors