Bioderma Sensibio: "Hello" to My New Skin

22:22:00

Do you remember those times when you thought your skin was absolutely clean because it felt tight after you have cleansed it thoroughly? Well, you may be right on your skin being clean, but one thing for certain, clean skin is not suppose to feel tight. In fact, the only reason why your skin will feel tight after cleansing is, the cleanser you are using is too strong and left your skin dry.

How about the times when your make-up will not stay? I remember encountering a nasty boy no older than Primary Six once exclaiming (on purpose for me to hear) "cakey make-up" when he walked past me. While why he was so concerned with other people's make-up and had to be so mean about it are beyond me, that definitely had me wishing for a solution that prevents my make-up from caking up so easily.

And fortunate for me, I found it.


Them, actually

Just a month ago, I was absolutely stressed out about work and events and so many other things I have got on my plate that acne started breaking out on my face. It was BADDD, and I just had to make things worse my washing my face more frequently, thinking that I need to keep my skin clean but what I was really doing was drying up my skin. My face became even oilier as my skin was more dehydrated and that leads to the vicious cycle of even more acne waiting to pop out and me continuing to wash my face until it was so dry that it started itching. The next day, my whole face was peeling.

NEWS FLASH:
Dry + Oily + Acne-Prone + Sensitive Skin is the worst!

And that was when I decided to give Bioderma’s Sensibio range a try. Even though this is in all actuality a sponsored post, what happened was that Bioderma Singapore actually sent us bloggers their new range of products more than a month back, giving us more than enough time to really try and test the products over a reasonable period of time so that our reviews here are true and accurate. This "skin emergency" thus prompted me to dive right into using them and after a month, this is my honest feedback.


Bioderma Sensibio H2O |
$15.90 for 100ml / $28.90 for 250ml / $41.90 for 500ml

Nothing approved by dermatologists, top make-up artistes and celebrities will ever go wrong. Bioderma Sensibio H2O is formulated with highly purified water (the highest grade of pharmaceutical water perfect for sensitive skin) and contains unique biomimetic molecules so as to provide the gentlest yet most powerful and efficient solution to cleansing and make-up removal. It is the first and only dermatological micellar water perfectly compatible with the skin thus naturally helps to soothe sensitive skin and strengthen skin’s resilience.

I personally love Bioderma Sensibio H2O because of how effective and convenient it is. Apart from the fact that it is a non-rinse formula, it can be used as a cleanser AND make-up remover for face, eyes AND lips. Practically a one-stop solution for all our facial cleansing needs! Furthermore, make-up removal, something all women dread because of how troublesome and time-consuming it is, has become a breeze. Bioderma Sensibio H2O removes my make-up so efficiently with just 2 or 3 cotton pads, and yet is so gentle on the skin that my skin actually feels more hydrated post-cleansing. No wonder one bottle of Bioderma Sensibio H2O is sold around the world every 3 seconds!


NEW! Bioderma Sensibio Gel Moussant | $33.90 for 200ml

On days when I did not make-up, I would turn to Bioderma Sensibio Gel Moussant instead. It contains active ingredients that reinforce the tolerance threshold of sensitive skin, and is enriched with Coco Glucoside, which mimics our skin structure so as to achieve lipid-restoring and moisturising properties. In my opinion, I like how soft and soothing the gel is, which is great for my skin that tends to peel at the slightest friction. Since Bioderma Sensibio Gel Moussant is suitable for both the face and the eyes, I no longer need to suffer the pain when the other facial cleansers I used come close to my eyes -- something I really do not understand. Does the eye area not need to be cleaned?


NEW! Bioderma Sensibio Dermatological Water | $19.90 for 150ml

And here comes my favourite product -- the Bioderma Sensibio Dermatological Water! While I do attribute my improved skin condition to the other Bioderma Sensibio products, this was the one I love so much that I will bring it wherever I go until the day I get another one to put in my office so I will have one at home and one in office. Do you know that most Korean girls carry a facial mist in their bag so that they can keep their skin hydrated and refreshed at all times? Time to keep this trick in your bag, and the perfect companion up for this task will be Bioderma Sensibio Dermatological Water, which uses the same highly purified water removed of all impurities and irritants and enhanced with mineral salts and olio-elements to soothe skin and maintain healthy skin cells.

I started by spraying Bioderma Sensibio Dermatological Water onto my irritated and peeling skin, and it was so relieving that I began doing so regularly. Today, I will use it to after putting on my make-up to have it set, and occasionally when I feel that my skin is dehydrated in the air-conditioned office. And I am proud to say that from the lady with "cakey make-up", I have been promoted to one with all-day perfect make-up. Within a month, I have become someone who does not need to check the mirror at all from the moment I step out of my house with full make-up to the second I remove it at home. No need to touch-up. No need to blot.


Newfound confidence with Bioderma Sensibio

I know all these may sound rather unbelievable. I myself cannot believe how just a few weeks ago I was complaining to Janice how my face was so dry that I think I cannot even crack a smile, how it was so difficult to apply make-up and to touch-up caked up make-up, how blah blah blah blah blah, and suddenly I have evolved to a person who is so confident that her fine lines aren't showing, that her dark circles are perfectly concealed, that her face is not oily and her make-up is matt. Even the amount of make-up I need to use is reduced since everything applied "sticks" well. I am not saying my skin is absolutely flawless now. There are still breakouts at times, I still have my scars etc. But I am really happy with my skin now.

So, if you have sensitive skin and have been unhappy with your current skin condition for the longest time with no luck in finding "The One", I'd strongly recommend you to give Bioderma’s Sensibio range of products that is developed specifically for sensitive skin, a shot. They are highly effective in boosting skin's tolerance level and soothing irritation, and are paraben-free, fragrance-free, soap-free, alcohol-free, hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic and well-tolerated. You can visit their website www.bioderma.sg to find out more about the Derma cosmetics and Derma skincare, and find them at Watsons, Guardian, Unity, Robinsons, Tan Tock Seng Hospital and National Skin Centre.

Just the fact that Bioderma's Sensibio is on sale in a public hospital and national skin centre is definitely an awesome testimonial to their product efficacy!

Hope you find your new skin soon,
Yvette

You Might Also Like

0 comments

@yveyanxi

Latest Video @yveyanxi

Ads & Sponsors